Compensation for Injuries in Car Accidents Abroad or at Home with a Foreign Driver

Road traffic accidents are a fact of life, especially in foreign countries where traffic moves in ways that you aren’t used to. That doesn’t make the injuries they cause any less painful, or the financial losses any less damaging.

If you’ve been in a car accident abroad, you may be able to claim in England and Wales. Personal Injury Overseas has the expertise to handle claims relating to overseas road accidents and UK accidents caused by foreign drivers. We’ll guide you through the whole claim process. Call us now on 0333 006 4099 to get started.

Securing the Right Compensation After a Road Traffic Accident

Car accidents can cause all kinds of injuries. It doesn’t matter whether you were the driver, passenger or even a pedestrian – if you’re in a road traffic accident abroad or at home with a foreign driver, injuries can range from minor scrapes and bruises to serious and life-affecting injuries. PIO will help you to claim for any losses caused by your accident, including compensation for your injuries, any loss of earnings, or ongoing expenses when you return home.

It’s important to seek legal advice as soon as possible. If you’re overseas and you’re involved in a car accident (or a motorbike, moped or other road traffic incident) then you need to keep track of your injuries, the costs incurred, and then contact specialist personal injury solicitors who understand the complexities of overseas claims. Specialists like PIO.

Time Limits

The usual rule under the law of England and Wales is that you have three years to start court proceedings for your claim for compensation from the date of your accident or injury, but you should always seek advice about which time limits apply to your case.

It’s important to note that different countries work on different timeframes. Some countries have shorter time limits on making a claim, while others have longer. In some countries the time limit can be as little as one year. Claims for road traffic accidents will in most cases be subject to the law of the country where the accident occurred.

If a claim is not made within time then the opponent does not have to pay out compensation. Don’t be caught out get expert advice as soon you think you might have a claim.

Make a Claim – If We Don’t Win, You Won’t Pay a Fee*

Even though your road accident happened abroad, in some cases it’s possible to handle the claim from here in the UK. PIO will help you to make your claim for compensation. We will deal with the correct laws to help you bring your claim in the English and Welsh courts, claim directly against insurers if possible, and make claims against uninsured or untraceable drivers.

We know that you’ve already suffered enough, so we make the claim process as simple and stress free as possible. And because you’ve been injured and incurred costs because of the road traffic accident, we’ll make sure our service won’t add to your financial burdens with our no win, no fee arrangements.*

To start the process of claiming compensation for a car accident abroad, fill out the form below and let us know when the accident happened and what the circumstances were. We’ll then arrange a consultation with an experienced solicitor to start the legal proceedings.