Does Employers’ Liability Cover Your Overseas Injury?

If you suffer an injury while working overseas, you could be covered by Employers’ Liability. When you’re abroad, your employer can be held liable for any injuries you sustain that they are at fault for. Depending on your contract, English jurisdiction may apply instead of the laws of the country in which your accident happened.

As you can imagine, these claims can be complex – and complex legal action is the last thing you want to worry about while recovering from painful injuries sustained. Our specialists will handle the case on your behalf, securing compensation for your injuries, any loss of earnings, and any other issues brought about by your accident.

We understand that claiming against your employer’s insurance can seem like taking action against those people you depend on for your livelihood, but we claim from their insurers, not their company. As such, you can rely on Personal Injury Overseas to secure the compensation you are owed without adding to the worries caused by your injury.

Claim the Compensation You Deserve

Suffering an accident while working abroad can severely impact your life, your finances and your career. Even minor accidents can leave you unable to work (leading to a loss of earnings) or require expensive foreign hospital treatment. However, bringing a claim against your employer after an accident abroad can be complex.

That’s where our friendly and experienced team of personal injury experts comes in. All you’ll need to do is call us today on 0333 0064 099 and ask for a free, no-obligation consultation.

No Win, No Fee* Compensation for Injuries Abroad

As specialists in the field of personal injuries sustained while working abroad, we’re able to handle the case on your behalf. Certain laws known as Brussels Recast and Rome II allow you to make a claim in your home country for accidents which happen abroad, in certain circumstances. Even so, we still need to take account of the laws of the country where your accident occurred – including that country’s time limits.

Time Limits

Under the law in England and Wales, in the vast majority of cases, you have three years from the date of your accident to start court proceedings. However, different time limits apply in different countries. If a claim is not made within time then the opponent does not have to pay out compensation. As such, it’s important to contact us as soon as possible.

We know that you’ve already incurred costs for treatment, loss of earnings and travel, so we make the whole legal process as quick, easy and affordable as possible. We’re happy to offer Saturday appointments so that you don’t need even more time off work, and we operate on a no win, no fee* basis.

To start your compensation claim, please let us know as many details as possible using the form below. Once we’ve heard from you, we’ll be happy to discuss how to take your claim forward.

More and more people are now working abroad. If you happen to be injured in an accident while on work duties abroad, you may be able to make a claim in the courts of England and Wales, if you and your employer are resident in England.

Your Contract of Employment may contain a clause which specifically provides that any accident abroad during your employment will be dealt with in the courts of England and Wales.

If would like to make a claim and discuss it with us, then complete the form below.